Thursday, April 22, 2010

Screw Earth Day, I Love Jellybeans!

Aside from being Earth Day, it's also National Jelly Bean Day! 

My favorite source Wikipedia taught me something I felt was worth passing on to you all - 

Did you know that in the 1920s, the term "jellybean" was used to describe a young man who dressed stylish and tried to pick up women; also a synonym for pimp. The term was memorialized in the 1940s Phil Harris song "Jelly Bean (He's a Curbstone Cutie)"

It wasn't until the 1930s that they became associated with that ass-hat the Easter Bunny because of their egg-shape.  Crazy, right? I say we bring the slang term back because Jellybean is way more fun to say than 'pimp'. Thoughts? 

Did you know? I like all flavors of jellybeans except black licorice and white. 
Here's a video from Discovery Channel's "How It's Made", Jellybean edition -- 



Earth is great and all, but I prefer to celebrate the great things on this Earth invented by man - electricity, the wheel, fire, and jellybeans. 

Peace. 

0 comments: